Blueberry Jam Recipe
from "Sarabeth's Bakery: From My Hands to Yours"
8 cups fresh blueberries, picked over for stems and leaves
5 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, and lemon in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, process jars. Clean jars, lids, and utensils thoroughly. Place wet jars on a cookie sheet, and sanitize in an oven set to 220 degrees F. Cook jars for at least 30 minutes. Place lids and rings in a bath of hot water.
- Reduce the heat on jam, maintaining a low boil. Cook, stirring frequently, until the juice thickens-- about 25-30 minutes.
- Fill the jars. Run a sanitized knife or utensil along the edges to make sure you get rid of any/all air bubbles. Wipe any jam off the lip of jar, and screw on lid lightly.
- Process the jars for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. (Water must be at least an inch over the top of the jar.)
- Using tongs, transfer the jars to a towel, and tighten lid all the way. Cool completely.